I wanted a fun way to share a handful of pictures from my vacation without being that “girl.” I felt I could do better than…. here I am sunbathing on the beach day 1, here I am on a different beach on day 2 and let’s be completely honest there is no way I would post a photograph of myself in a swimsuit. People, just be thankful you’ve been saved from that. So without further adieu here are the top 10 things I discovered on vacation (DISCLAIMER: I don’t think I will ever be the next Letterman).
1. Palm trees are therapeutic.
2. If it rains, just stay inside and eat candy in your hotel room. Trust me, candy makes anything better. If you wondering, yes – that is a copy of Mad Magazine. If you haven’t picked one up since 1995, I promise – they are still quite hilarious.
3. You can win Lobster out of vending machines in Florida, yup - just like the stuffed animal machines they have at Perkins. The prize is quite delicious!
4. Aligators are just as large as I thought they would be. Yikes!
5.Raccoons will eat like dog treats. Warning: I do not recommend feeding wild animals, ahem raccoons in Florida or anywhere for that matter. I captured this photo on an airboat in Everglades City.
6. Boys do crazy things. I already knew this, but I wanted an excuse to post this ridiculous picture of Justin’s brother in the “sand” cave he tried to dig.
7. Kayaking is sweet. What a great way to experience nature and one heck of an arm workout. We had an amazing guide who has so many great stories to share! Thanks Tim
8. Homes in Florida are nothing like the ones in Minnesota.
9. If I wanted, I could still blend in with college kids. See exhibit A below.
10. Life is a beautiful, don’t let the small moments pass you by. I struggle to live with this mantra. My mind is always racing at a million miles per minute thinking of the things I NEED to do. If I ever need to “rediscover” my sense of the present I plan to look at this photograph and remember how I felt at this exact moment.